Todays video is not one that I upload with excitement. I have a lot of things to say about certain rumors floating around the community, as well as some transparency to shed on the entire view count situation. Throughout this video you will hear the companies perspective as well as my own on these i
Todays video is not one that I upload with excitement. I have a lot of things to say about certain rumors floating around the community, as well as some transparency to shed on the entire view count situation. Throughout this video you will hear the companies perspective as well as my own on these issues. Please watch the entire video for a major change to TWT team situation as well.
Since the day we started TheWeedTube, I have been all about the community. Sometimes it hasn't appeared that way, and I acknowledge that. Wearing so many diffrerent hats in this company because we wanted to grow organically and not take on a ton of funding on means that I wasn't always as in touch with the community as people have felt I've needed to be. Now that we are growing and losing that overall commuity feeling and people are more interestedin money, I think it's best to start treating TheWeedTube as a business first. For this reason I am stepping down as CEO of TheWeedTube and handing the reins over to Ryan from GoStoner. I want to be a part of TheWeedTube in the way that I was originally supposed to be. A creator. I hope you all can understand that this decision does not come lightly, and it is no one elses but my own. I do not have thick enough skin to deal with complaints that honestly don't have perspective or respect for everything this team has done. I know it's a part of business, and that's why I'm stepping down. I want to play to my own strengths and focus on the things I do best for TheWeedTube. I'm leaving this title behind but I am continuing on with the love in my heart I have always had for this community. Even though for a large part of these last few months, it doesn't feel like the community has had love for me. I hope this change helps us all heal and grow.
A few things I didn't mention in this video that I think are important:
1. NDA's are standard practice in tech, creative, and start ups. Protecting intelectual property and business proceedings is important to any of those fields, and TheWeedTube falls under all three. People are not given NDAs becuse we are trying to hide anything. It is standard business practice. Additionally no legal actions have been taken against anyone who violated their NDA's because I personally don't think anything has been done wrong on our end and it's easier to just tell the truth.
2. TheWeedTube (small) team has done a fantastic job up to this point. I'm proud of the things we have been able to accomplish, and I think the community would be better off recognizing that.
3. TheWeedTube tech just this week got to the level we've been trying to get it to for over a year and a half. To me, the journey starts now. I am so excited to be part of that journey as a content creator. I did the work to get us to where we needed to be in order to actually be a platform. Now that we are here, I just want to participate.
4. Since all of this "drama" has unfolded I have seen two distinct groups of creators. One group who is spiteful and mean, and one group who chose to operate with dignity and patience during this time. To those creators who continued to hold respect for me, thank you. Your support has kept me from turning away completely. To the creators who have been spiteful and mean, I hope you can see that everything I've stood for since day 1 is what I still stand for. I hope you can see that this site wouldn't still be on if it wasn't for my hard work. There were moments when I was fighting for TWT behind the scenes and neglecting the community because I had too much on my plate. I'm sorry for that. But I've never advocated for anything other than fair and equal treatment of all the different creators on the platform.
5. If you are a creator who complains about the Trending section and that creators like myself, Mac, Joya, etc. always get featured... You need to change your perception immediately. Without those people with actual followings posting on TheWeedTube, no one would be here. You are literally only going to grow from the followings larger creators bring. Remember that before you start bad mouthing them. This site was started for people just like us, and if we don't get to participate, YOU lose. (Also, the Trending section is not controlled by the team. It is literally trending videos.)
Thank you for sharing your side of the story. There have been ups and downs along the way but you all made it happen for us. I genuinely enjoy creating and having this opportunity and I have the weed tube team to thank for that. I know it must’ve been difficult to step down but with that, comes greater things for you! Im looking forward for your future content and looking forward to the future for TWT <3 Yall, treat people with kindness. <3
I CAME TO THE WEED TUBE BECAUSE OF YOU AND MAC DIZZLE!!! I was watching you on youtube when I was going thru my own shit and it really motivated me to get out of the funk I was in plus going on weed tube i found another weedtuber i’m enjoying now and i’m really sad this is happening. i hope you stay strong and come thru this with flying colors! STAY STRONG AREND! ♥️